Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Yaggy- August 29, 2010

Meet "Yaggy"

Formerly known as Sammi
Yaggy is Lolly's name for her, and I'm afraid it's caught on.  Most of the time I call her Sammi, but if I ever refer to her as "Yaggy," you'll know who I'm talking about.

One of my most favorite things in the entire world is when I carry Sammi out after her nap- as soon as Lolly sees her, she says, "Yaggy!!!" in her breathy, sing-song voice.  We all love our Yaggy.

I know I've been bad about posting pictures of her (I'll make up for it...I promise), but I have taken LOTS of pictures of her.  We all love her so much.  She's five months now!  The time has flown so quickly that I {almost} wish I was pregnant!  :)  I'd be over halfway done by now! 

Sammi is such a sweet, happy, wonderful baby.  We LOVE LOVE LOVE her.  She's so easy to please and sleeps and sleeps (8 to 10 hours at night and several long naps throughout the day).  She's smiley and cute and sleepy- what's not to like?

She's also HUGE (90 percentile- length and weight).  It's a good thing she has acid reflux and spits up a good 50% of what she takes in.  Otherwise, she'd probably be in the 150th percentile.

She has been very busy lately doing all sorts of things:
I've never had a baby get SO excited when it was time to eat.  She's not very good about eating yet, but she sure looks forward to it!  So far, she's had rice cereal, bananas, and sweet potatoes.
I was so overjoyed the day she started sucking her thumb.  I truly think that little girly thumb-suckers are the cutest thing ever.  Love it.  I do not look forward to the days of weaning our thumb-suckers or the dental work that we might have to pay for to fix crooked teeth, but for now, I just really think it's cute. 

Sammi loves to be where the action is.  She loves to watch everyone.  I'm so happy for her that she had four siblings waiting to love on her when she arrived.  How lucky for her.  She is fascinated by all the chaos, takes it all in when she is awake, and sleeps through it all during her naps.
Oh my, this girl is grabby.  It doesn't matter what it is- if it's within arm's reach- she wants it.  I love it.

And a few last pictures of Sammi (dressed up by Ben):


We were laughing so hard.  What a girl!

4 comments:

  1. Yaggi's name is cute for her. She has changed so much since Alpine, it's unbelievable. Love the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my...."yaggy" has changed SO MUCH! wish i could squeeze her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's a cutie! I cant believe how big she is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's kinda wierd to see her on the blog- almost doesn't seem like she belongs with the rest because the last time she graced the blog she was practically a newborn and now it's like magic you have a big girl! So cute!
    Glad you're blogging again!

    ReplyDelete