Monday, September 20, 2010

Morning Update- Monday, September 20, 2010


(a picture from home)

My mom stayed with Lolly last night at the hospital; I brought Sammi home to sleep at "our" apartment.  When I calld to check on Lolly during the night, the nurse said that Lolly had a fever and that she REALLY wanted some water.  The order had been written that she could only have a special formula (she is on a special diet- low sodium, low potassium, etc).  She can only take in 24 ounces of formula every 24 hours.  Because she is in kidney failure, and because she is such a tiny little girl (24 pounds), we have to measure or weigh every drop that goes in or out of her.  The docs are pretty sure that her trip to the ICU with breathing problems a few days ago was caused by fluid overload- because she is so tiny, she can't handle extra fluid.  Her nutrition plan was written for "formula only," so the nurse had to get permission from the doctors to even give Lolly a few teaspoons of water to quench her thirst.  Apparently, this formula isn't cutting it.  When I spoke with my mom before bed last night, I told her to remind Lolly that beggers can't be choosers.

I don't know how Lolly's night went- I left my phone charger at the hospital, and my phone died during the night.  Mom and I are trading off this morning at 9.  I get to spend the day with my big girl!

Crossing my fingers for a really good day!

Love you all,
Robbie

3 comments:

  1. Oh Robbie, you are making me relive so many memories of when our Skyler was up there at PCMC. Everything you are going through was so familiar. I, too, loved the Church meetings. They were exactly what I needed when I had to be up there on Sundays. So glad she is doing so much better. I know you know PCMC in and out, but each new thing is still hard to get through. So glad you have so much "family" support while you are up there. Will be so happy when I read "we are going home!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is taking great will power to not get in my car right this second and come visit you and Lolly today! i would love to SEE you again sometime, but know this will be a special mommy/daughter day for you two! have so much FUN(well, as much as you can in a hospital, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good day with her! I bet you're so anxious to see that messy little face at home again.

    ReplyDelete