Thursday, September 16, 2010

Morning Update

I have just a few minutes, but Lolly keeps taking little steps backwards.  Her red blood cell count is down (apparently the bacteria in her body attacks her red blood cells).  Her RBC count was up right after her last transfusion, and is now back down to the level where she'll probably require another blood transfusion sometime today.  :(

Her oxygen sats were also down in the 80's last night, so they ordered an x-ray (she's sick enough that they brought the x-ray up to her room) to check for fluid in her lungs.  She just has so much fluid in her body (since she's in kidney failure) that the fluid is too much for her to handle.  They will probably do a more aggressive dialysis treatment today, and will hopefully be able to pull off more extra fluid.

On the bright side, her sodium levels were up (they've been monitored carefully) and she is able to drink.  Just before we left last night, my mom was putting some moisturizer on Lolly's lips, and even though she was asleep, she tried to suck the moisturizer tube like it was a bottle.  We knew she was thirsty, and I gave her some apple juice through a syringe.  She sucked it down, and drank about 20 mls (4 teaspoons).  She wanted more, but she only gets 8 oz. in 24 hrs. right now, so we had to save some for breakfast.  :) 

Little Lolly really hasn't made any progress- more like steps back- and back- and back.  We praying that she starts to turn around soon.  This all seems so surreal- it's quite hard to believe she's so sick- just last Friday, while we were doing dinner dishes, our whole family was in the kitchen, dancing to Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA (my favorite- I'm not ashamed to admit!).  We were dying watching Lolly dance- she dances just like me (if any of you have seen me dance, you'll totally know what I mean!).  It is the best little memory of my little Lolly on her last good day.  I played OUR song last night to Lolly, and she didn't respond, but I hope to get her groovin to the music by the end of the week.

Love you all.
Thanks for everything.
Rob

7 comments:

  1. We have been without internet for a few days and I am sad to hear that her steps back have not been accompanied with steps forward too! You wrote a few posts back about living the hospital life again and I can't imagine how difficult it would be to have so much history with Trey's hospitalizations and then have so much more to learn for Lolly! She does look so pretty and so puffy. I hope that this afternoon brings success with dialysis so that she can start to lose some of the excess fluid and breath a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad to hear that you are at the hospital again. I wish so much I was closer so I could do something to help. We will keep Lolly in our Prayers and you as well. Keep smiling. Love ya Lots Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbie.. I just caught up on Lolly and I am so sorry that she is going through so much. My heart is breaking for her. She is in our prayers and I hope she is back up and dancing SOON. You are handing things amazingly!

    Prayers and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob...maybe you should try to get into medical school...you are getting so educated. I am sad Lolly isn't really doing better. I hope you are hanging in there. You both our in our prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated :) Love ya and hope things get turned around today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet girl feel better. We love you!! Hang in there Robbie and Ben

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robbie, I just read what's been going on. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'm in SLC so if you need anything please don't hesitate to call me! I could come take Sammi for a few hours if that would help you at all! We'll keep you guys in our prayers! - Andrea 801-558-5105.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for keeping us updated. We are praying and praying for you guys.Lyvie asks about her everyday, she is worried about her. I hope she is up and dancing soon!

    ReplyDelete