Friday, September 17, 2010

Lots of good news!!!

First of all, Lolly's MRI was completely normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (can you hear the excitement in my voice?).  She is still in the PICU, and she's still intubated (they are letting her little body rest while the dialysis works to clear the extra fluids off her body), but she is AWAKE.  She can't speak, of course, because of the breathing tube, but she is alert and awake and "there."  She's calm, which tells us that she is comfortable. 

These past two days have been almost too much for us to handle, but little Lolly has pulled through again. 

I wish I could respond to all your kind words and comments individually, but there is simply not time in the day.  Please know that we look forward to and appreciate all the words of comfort and the prayers.  When we get a few minutes, we love to read through all the nice little notes- it truly has been the highlight of my day most days.  Thank you so much.  Thanks for the prayers and fasting and for thinking of our little Lolly. 

She's beautiful and we're so proud of her.  It's been a very scary day for her (truly- I could see it in her eyes this morning and it was awful), but I do find comfort in the fact that Trey doesn't remember much of any of the torture he went through as a baby, and in fact, openly wishes to be hospitalized each time he gets sick.  :)  That helps when we see what littly Lolly has to go through.

Love, Rob

15 comments:

  1. I am so glad that things are looking up. Give Lolly a hug from the Huckabys and know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers. A big hug from me to you. Love ya lots Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thrilled for all of you ... and of course, we will continue to pray for your beautiful and amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I am so happy for you guys and Lolly! We continue to pray for Lolly and you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you guys are an emotional trip (like I really need to tell ya, right?)
    I'm so happy. I've worried about you guys all day. Crossing my fingers and praying that it's all up from here! Come on Lolly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been holding my breath ALL day....thank you for updating so well, as if you have the time! im so grateful lolly is pulling through, thank goodness for her fiesty nature, right!? i sure am thinking about you all constantly and how you must be feeling as her mother and father....you guys are the best!

    keep up the fight lolly!
    brooklyn really want to PLAY soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! We are so happy! I agree with Kenna, I have been a wreck, so I couldn't imagine what you guys have gone through. I knew she was tough and I hope that she continues to pull through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so happy to read good news. I have been thinking about you guys all day and wishing I could be there to give all of you a big hug. We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like I can breath! So, so, so happy to hear great news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another bright spot for Miss Lolly! Hopefully the dialysis can give her body some rest to keep getting better. So glad for this news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the update. So so happy that things are looking up! Go Lolly go!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are SO grateful for this fabulous news! We have been holding our breath with you guys all week just hoping for the break that will help to turn the corner. I can't imagine a feisty 2 year old intubated, so that is wonderful that she is calm and tolerating it pretty well. I am sure you will hear all about it from her as soon as she can yell back at you!! We will continue to anxiously tune in, but can you please tell that darling little girl of yours to behave??? This roller coaster is making me motion sick!! :p Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to hear the good news. I hope this is the real turn around and little Lolly is on the uphill. I am anxious for all posts to be good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm still just in shock over this whole thing! But it's great to hear some good news!!! It's almost midnight and I just had to check one more time for an update. I'm hoping that since there isn't anything new, it means everything is going good and that you are GETTING SOME SLEEP!!!
    I love you Rob! and I love that crazy little girl of yours!!! We are thinking of you guys and praying constantly! Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are thrilled to hear that things are looking up tonight. I can only imagine how exhausted you all must be. I have pleaded with the Lord all day in your behalf. Please know how much we care. You are an amazing example to all of us. I will add my cheering voice to Nic's "Go Lolly Go!" Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete