Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School Dinner- August 29, 2010

We had a special back-to-school dinner/family night the day before school started (on Sunday night).  Fruit and hamburgers (with all the fixins), served cafeteria style on our cafeteria trays (one of my greatest D.I. finds- the kids love to use them).
Luke can't wait until he's really big enough for school lunch. 
Trey- the textbook first grader:
After dinner, we had a neat back to school lesson (found here)  .  I drew faces on four balloons and typed up a little blurb about each person (balloon)- what they seemed like on the outside.  The kids had to pop the balloons to read the paper that told what each balloon person was really like on the inside.  The kids mostly enjoyed popping the balloons, but I hoped they learned something about not judging other by their outward apprearances.
After the lesson, Ben gave the boys Father's Blessings.  As soon as the chair was vacated, Lolly climbed right up- wanting a blessing of her own.  I thought she looked so cute, sitting like a big girl, waiting for her turn.
Luke and I also requested  blessing.  When it was my turn, Lolly ran to grab her stool from the bathroom.  I thought she wanted to sit on my lap, but she really wanted to stand on my lap- with her hands on my head- so she could help Ben give me a blessing.  Luke yelled, "She's doing the Priesthood!!!" 

Kids make life 10,000 times more funny and interesting.  I'm so grateful for all of mine!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to Ty and Trey at school. They are going to do great. So cute about Lolly and Luke and the blessings.

    ReplyDelete