Friday, September 17, 2010

Some news

Wild morning here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (that's putting it very mildly)

Here's what I know:
The neurologists are quite certain that her EEG yesterday showed seizure activity.  The seizures were making it hard for her brain to function correctly, which is why Lolly wouldn't wake up.  Towards the end of her EEG yesterday, they gave Lolly a dose of anti-seizure medication, which they stopped around 6 p.m.  Shortly after that was when we finally saw Lolly REALLY wake up for the first time.  They are pretty sure it was due to the anti-seizure medication, so they are started her on that for now.

They're not sure if she's also had a stroke (although they don't think so), but they are sending her for an MRI soon.  Because she has to be sedated for her MRI and she's also having trouble breathing, she had to be intubated.  She'll also have an art line placed after her MRI.

She's on 24/7 dialysis (they think last night's breathing episode that landed her in the ICU was likely caused because her body couldn't handle the excess fluid). 

We're worried about little Lolly.  Had she not woken up last night, I would have been worried out of my mind.  Last night gave us a glimmer of hope, that we're hanging onto now.

I'll update more later.
Rob

3 comments:

  1. I love glimmers of hope-keep hanging in there! You guys are amazing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh robbie. we are hanging on with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read your blog more often. There is just too much going on in your life for me to be even a weekly reader. I need to be a daily reader.
    Well, you've got me now.
    I will be an hourly reader.
    If I didn't have this horrible head cold, I would be there in a second- I would love to take a shift with Sammi.
    Hopefully, I won't get that chance and you will be safely back in Idaho before my cold runs its course.
    I can't tell you how much I love you and your little family, especially your little Lolly.
    I too know Heavenly Father loves you.
    I love those beauty parlor pictures. I love the mom you are.
    You have all my prayers.
    Diahan

    ReplyDelete