Sunday, June 27, 2010

April 26, 2010

Lolly insists on having one each time Luke earns one.
I really was not ready to potty train Luke.  He had absolutely NO interest in it, and actually cried each time I made him "try."  With Tyler and Trey, I potty trained them when they were 3 1/2.  They really hadn't showed any interest in being potty trained, but once I decided it was time, they were potty trained within a few days (without any accidents, day or night).  For some reason, though, Luke has had a much more difficult time with potty training.  Besides his complete lack of interest (he wants to be a "big boy" in every sense of the word- but still wear diapers), Luke has had a hard time catching on, and I'll admit, I'm a pretty lousy potty trainer.  With 5 kids- including a new baby- potty training was not at the top of my priority list.  Ben kept telling me- "He's old enough...you need to do it."  And I'd tell him, "If you're so excited about it- you do it!"  And neither one of us wanted to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment