Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Look How Far She's Come!!!

This picture was taken on Sunday, October 3, 2010:
She was lethargic, quiet, and tired of everything:
And today, Wednesday, October 6, 2010, she is...

HAPPY
CHEERFUL (when she's not busy throwing a fit)
FUNNY
(more) ENERGETIC
LAUGHING
PLAYING

AND...(drumroll.....).....


EATING!!!
She ate for the first time since September 10, 2010 (nearly a month!!!) and LOVED it

She's on a NO-FAT diet (eating fat could make her pancreatitis worse), but she doesn't care- she gets food!!!!!!

I was almost giddy ordering room service for her (and for those who know me...it wasn't just because I was excited to eat her leftovers)...
I ordered her grapes, yogurt, corn pops (with skim milk), and a smoothie. She chose to eat her grapes first, but loved her cereal so much that she kept putting her face down in her bowl to decrease the time she had to wait for another bite.
We were soooo happy to watch her enjoy her food so much!!!

The other awesome thing today-
Lolly WALKED for the first time today!!!
I held both her hands- it was just like teaching a kid to walk for the first time. Her legs were really stiff and weak, and there's no way she could walk unassisted right now.
She also took a trip down the hall to visit the dentist. When she was first sick in the hospital, and in a ton of pain, she ground her teeth all the time. It was the most terrible sound I have ever heard- it literally sounded like she was chewing rocks. I was really worried she'd chipped all her teeth off, but the dentist thought things looked great. He did tell us that since Lolly's baby teeth are really small, we can look forward to crowding issues in the future. (Yippee!)
Lolly got another blood transfusion today. Her hematocrit was low (20); we're hoping that a transfusion will help her have more energy and heal more quickly.
I don't want to jinx us, but I think the "H" word isn't too far from being mentioned. Things are going really, really well!!!

9 comments:

  1. Those pics are AWESOME! She looks so good! Love how excited she is about her food. I'd wondered if you'd have to teach her to like food all over again but it looks like she wasn't having any problems! She looks amazing! I'm so happy for all of you and crossing my fingers you're right about the "H" word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture of her eating yogurt! How cute is that!!! And how great that she has improved so much. We are so excited! I have a Huntsman appointment down there next wed and we are NOT planning on seeing you guys then ;)

    P.S. We loved having Luke over to play today too. He did great and talked about Lolly a lot. I think he will be one happy boy to have his buddy home (HOPEFULLY) soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks amazing and beautiful :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so happy she's making so much progress! I hope your wishes to be back home soon will come in the not so distant future. What a joyous day that will be!
    I love the pictures too. It must feel so good to see Lolly eating again and dressed up so pretty.
    Loves to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks AMAZING! Those pictures are so cute! Hooray for the "H" word...I hope you are right...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food!!! Awesome progress. I am so glad that she can finally eat again and start to get her body used to consuming her calories. I love it for you too....ordering room service is always so fun and since you never know what she will eat, it is great that you can help her out by finishing off her leftovers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO CUTE!!! I love those pictures of her eating.

    AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Girl, Lolly!!! I am so happy and thankful she is doing so much better. She looks beautiful, as always! We'll keep cheering for her! (And you, Rob!....I know how she does greatly affects how you do). You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! *as I wave a fist* I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy. Answered prayers and continued prayers for the whole family. I look forward to hearing she is doing so good she can go home.

    ReplyDelete