Monday, May 3, 2010

Lolly- April 8, 2010

How do I describe Lolly?
Ben and I always say, "She's quite the girl."
Oh boy, is she.
When my mom was here after I had Sammi, she compared Lolly to Old Faithful because she erupts about every 20 minutes, right on schedule.  Any time we tell her "No," she LOSES it.  She's either 100% cheerful or sleep- or screaming- there really is no in-between with her.  By then end of the day, I am SO READY to be done with the screaming.
But when she's nice, she's so, so nice...like "The Little Girl with a Curl," by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:
There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.
She wakes up happy (if we leave her in bed long enough after she wakes up).
She loves to do everything her brothers do. 
Loves to play outside.
And is THE BEST big sister to little Sammi.  She is so sweet and loving and gentle. 
But if she gives you THE LOOK (see below),
you'd better watch out!

3 comments:

  1. I always love these posts. I need to do this with my own kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept getting that look from her on Sunday. I had to sit in nursery with Soph, who was having a major meltdown. I was talking to Lolly and she gave me the look. I think it is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love checking your blog and seeing the fun pictures of your adorable family! My Mom used to tell us that poem about the curl all the time when we were little :)

    ReplyDelete